President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has outlined the core focus areas of his administration to the Nigerian people.
Tinubu’s foremost priorities revolve around job creation, educational and healthcare improvements, poverty reduction, and ensuring opportunities for success for all Nigerians.
He has called upon his cabinet members to wholeheartedly dedicate themselves to fulfilling the expectations of the Nigerian populace and the Renewed Hope Agenda.
In a statement released via the State House website on November 3, 2023, Chief Ajuri Ngelale, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, conveyed this message.
Tinubu made these declarations during the concluding session of a three-day Cabinet Retreat held in Abuja on the same date. The President has also redefined the key areas of priority for his administration, which are as follows:
1. Reform the economy to deliver sustained, inclusive growth.
2. Strengthen national security for peace and prosperity.
3. Boost agriculture to achieve food security.
4. Unlock energy and natural resources for sustainable development.
5. Enhance infrastructure and transportation as enablers of growth.
6. Focus on education, health, and social investment as essential pillars of development.
7. Accelerate diversification through industrialization, digitization, creative arts, manufacturing & innovation.
8. Improve governance for effective service delivery.
In his address during the closing session of the three-day Cabinet Retreat in Abuja, President Tinubu underscored the importance of the Renewed Hope Agenda, which strives to create employment opportunities, enhance education and healthcare, reduce poverty, and ensure every Nigerian has a chance to prosper.
The President’s vision for a more equitable and just society aligns with these eight priority areas, reinforcing his commitment to the betterment of Nigeria.
The Presidency also communicated this message via its X page (formerly Twitter).